I’m Amy Toman, and I’ve been online for quite a while. I sent my first email back in 1987, and I remember when Netscape ruled the Web (in my case, starting in 1994).
I’ve worked in many corporate positions, and just prior to founding Pet Sitter SEO, I was at PetSittingOlogy learning website optimization and SEO. After leaving there, I founded Pet Sitter SEO and began work on more professional projects.
I’ve been very happily working with the pet sitter community since then, writing for Pet Sitters International and the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, and speaking to those groups and the Texas Pet Sitters Conference and the International Boarding and Pet Services Association. I’ve audited over 200 websites, and have edited about 100 websites on several platforms (WordPress, GoDaddy, SquareSpace, Wix, Weebly).
I love solving puzzles, so that’s why SEO is so interesting to me. Every change made by the search engines causes ripples throughout the world’s websites, and I have a great time optimizing each individual site to display their best qualities. Come along with me on my SEO journey; I’ll bring the cookies and cocoa!
- Updating your GMB for Success in 2020, National Associate of Professional Pet Sitters, member webinar, July 2020
- GMB for SMBs, VirtuaCon hosted by SALT Agency,webinar, July 2020
- Preparing for the Grand Reopening, National Capital Area Professional Pet Sitters Network, member webinar, May 2020
- What to do with Google My Business during COVID Times, – Not Another Marketing Podcast, April 2020
- Easy Tips for Optimizing Your Online Presence – Pet Sitters International member webinar, April, 2020
- What To Do When Apps Steal Local Site Traffic, – Rank Ranger podcast, March 2020
- Google My Business Listings in 2020: How to use the new options to your advantage – Pet Sitters International member webinar, December 2019
- Getting More Business From Your Website in 2020 – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters Summit, member webinar, September 2019
- Starting Strong: Optimizing Your Online Presence from Opening Day – International Boarding and Pet Services Association, member webinar, March 2019
- Work Smarter Not Harder: Simple Ways to Improve Your Web Presence – Texas Pet Sitters Conference, conference, February 2019
- How to Make Your Google My Business Listing Your New Best Friend – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters Summit, February 2018
Mentions / Source
- Google Tests $50 / mo Upgraded GMB – What Does it Mean for Local Businesses? (mention) – Brightlocal – July 2020
- We Asked the Experts: How Do You Measure the Success of a Local SEO Campaign (mention) – Brightlocal – June 2020
- Edits on Google Maps Can Take a Long Time to Make an Impact (source) – Gain Local, June 2020
- 15 Local SEO Experts You Need to Follow on Twitter (mention) – Brightlocal – May 2020
- Google My Business COVID-19 Donation and Gift Card Links Now Rolling Out (primary source) – BrodieClark.com – May 2020
- Google Drops Your Website & Phone Number Button When Marked as Temporarily Closed – (primary source) – Search Engine Roundtable – May 2020
- Expert Google My Business Survey (contributor) – BrightLocal – April 2020
- Tales from the Dark Side of Google My Business (contributor) – Brightlocal – October, 2019
- 7 Local SEO Tips from the Experts (contributor) – Brafton – July, 2019
- Pet Sitters vs Rover: How to Bite Back Against the Apps – Pet Sitter’s World Magazine – May / June 2020
- Five Website Mistakes Pet Sitters Make and How to Avoid Them – Pet Sitter’s World Magazine – May 2019
- How to Optimize Your Google My Business Listing – Pet Sitter’s World Magazine – January 2019
- Google Local Guides: A Blessing and A Curse – Professional Pet Sitter Magazine – Winter 2018
- The Importance of Web Speed – Professional Pet Sitter Magazine – Summer 2018
- Your Business Email and How Gmail Can Manage It – Pet Sitter’s World Magazine – November 2017
- How to Attract Customers to Your New or Established Business – Pet Sitter’s World Magazine – July 2017
- Pet Sitter SEO – Founder, SEO Specialist – 2017 to Current
- Digital Law Marketing – SEO Specialist – 2019 to Current
- Classy Brain SEO – SEO Specialist- 2018 – 2019
- PetSittingOlogy – Communications Manager, Website Customization – 2015 to 2017
For more information about how I can help you and your business, check out my Services page, fill out the form on my Contact Us page, or call me on (732) 820-0103. I look forward to speaking with you!